Welcome and Introduction
With this first post, let me introduce (with a little bit of detail) the purpose behind this blog.
In my country (New Zealand), prostitution/escorting has been legalised. With legalisation has come a wider (but by no means widespread) acceptance of the reality that prostitution is here to stay and can even be a positive contributor to society.
My own experience as a "punter" (i.e. user of services provided by escorts) began soon after falling in love with an ex who openly discussed with me our respective desires to explore our sexuality and to share ourselves sexually outside of a strictly monogamous relationship framework. "Punting" was one of the ways I did my exploration.
Having punted for around 6 years, I have met an assortment of different providers and clients. However, I have found (with few valuable exceptions) open/informed discussions as to how participating in the legal sex industry can inform, alter, and cause us to reflect on our sexuality (note: this is not the same as "sexual orietation") to be hard to find. How does participating in this industry alter (or not) our attitudes towards relationships, and what are the fundamental character and nature of the different kinds of sexual encounters one may have in our "real" lives as opposed to our lives as a worker or client?
This blog hopes to explore some of these questions and other related questions in (hopefully) at least a semi-intelligent way, whilst remaining civilised and informed but without passing judgement or endeavouring to lay down any "one size fits all" observations.
I welcome your comments and observations. Please note however if you have any kind of beef against casual sex, prostitution generally, or wish to launch into a moral crusade of any sort, this is not the right platform.
Please feel free to check this blog regularly - I will endeavour to post regularly.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI've also been involved in the industry in NZ as a punter. The hardest thing that I have about this is the lack of people to share my experiences and thoughts with.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing with your blog, I look forward to reading more.
D
Thanks, Daryl. I hope you'll enjoy the latest post.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteApologies for the deleted replies - was in a hurry & not paying sufficient attention. Nice to see someone else from the NZ scene out there, apologies for not noticing your blog until it showed up on my blog referred site list
ReplyDeleteAny chance of adding the "followers" widget ? I refuse to use Google+ and don't use feeds like atom
Hi Voyager,
DeleteI shall oblige re: "followers" gadget :)