Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Favourite Song On Love

I previously wrote about how I find casual sex often to be the most authentic and honest way to express human emotions and concerns. What follows is the translation of a stanza from a very popular pop song in my culture on love and relationships. Some of the nuances can never quite be fully captured in translation but you should get the gist. In some ways it sums up my own view on these matters perfectly.

Perhaps loving each other is tough, for it's tough because we each have our own expectations;

But receiving unconditional love is also hard, for I feel a sense of guilt and have no way to reciprocate this love;

Maybe stepping away from love all together is not so tough; but I am yet not a saint or ascetic and worry about a dim path ahead in the road of love;

To love or not is both tough, for before I can be happy I feel responsible for you smiling from the bottom of your heart

As a rule, I wouldn't ever recommend anyone actively choosing a love-less/relationship-less forever but it's pretty easy to see how sometimes the casual stuff is much easier to manage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome and encouraged. I however reserve the right to delete any abusive and ignorant comments. In addition, if you have any rant and raves to make against what is a legal industry in my country, please take your comments elsewhere.

Otherwise, have fun.