The word “friends”
started to enter into our vocabulary when referring to each other. Perhaps it
was slightly early or I was still recovering from a rather traumatic experience
in doing my bit helping a person previously in this industry. As I said to you,
watching this person’s life unravel, things and other people around them being
turned to shit and hurt, really did bother me. Over time I also began to
question my own responsibility for assisting in or indulging some of this
person’s behaviour, so a part of me wanted and needed to pull back from you
because I started “judging” you based on what you do. Emotionally I couldn’t
afford another repeat. For doing what I always promised I would never do to you
(even if temporarily), I am so sorry.
Then came
our second encounter… it was as fun as the first one ever was and I knew some
of the human connectedness I felt between us was real. That plus our sharing
more of some of those feelings of vulnerability and sense of isolation from
participating in this industry meant that I had no more doubt – I knew I wanted
to get to know more about you as a person. It might not end well, we might find
each other insufferable, or worse. Fortunately, you seem willing to try as well.
Although it’s in the early stages yet, our friendship is something that I had no right to expect. The pleasure is truly all mine. I admire your courage and emotional fortitude in opening up to me when you have potentially so much to lose and when other men have already treated you wrong in your time working. What I am even more thankful for is you entering into my life during a year where things could not have gone much worse. Your willingness to tolerate my odd quirks and various bits of my insufferable nature is definitely appreciated. Most importantly, I have met few other persons in life as capable of demonstrating the falsities and mistaken assumptions of her interlocutors without needing to emotionally destroy them or presenting things in a harsh way.
There are truly few promises that one person can really make to another in life. But I promise to you that I will stay true to our boundaries as friends, that you are truly more important to me as a friend than the alter ego with whom I enjoyed sleeping with, and that I will be around to hear and listen to you when you need me. You might have heard me stuttering up when you delivered the “If we are going to be friends, no more bookings” talk – thank you for helping me untie that knot. By that point I was absolutely sure that you’re totally different from most people, let alone WLs, that I have met. You made it abundantly clear that things between us are no longer about money and sex. You gave us the best gift that has been given in this friendship so far.
Here’s to a
bright and fruitful friendship. We will no doubt have our travails but the
journey should be exciting.
With love
and respect,
Curiosity
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are welcome and encouraged. I however reserve the right to delete any abusive and ignorant comments. In addition, if you have any rant and raves to make against what is a legal industry in my country, please take your comments elsewhere.
Otherwise, have fun.